Select ms. and printed Compilations containing works of `Abd al-Baha'
Select ms., printed compilations and other works containing writings of `Abd al-Baha' including speeches, recorded texts and miscellany.
After a loosely chronologically organized list of compilations of writings and speeches of `Abd al-Baha, aside from those delivered during his Egyptian and western travels (1910-1913). Select abbreviations will also be indicated.
- 1906. Compilation of utterances from the pen of Abd-al-Baha : regarding his station. Washington, 1906.
- 1914 The River of Life. A selection from the teachings of Bahā'u'llāh and 'Abdul Bahā ... With explanatory notes and a preface by Yūhannā Dāwūd. London : Cope & Fenwick, 1914. 62pp.
- 1927. Abdul Baha and the Promised Age. [With an appendix.] Ruth WHITE, of the Bahai Movement.
pp. xv. 224. 22. [The Author]: New York, 1927.
- 1946. Abdul Baha's Questioned Will and Testament, etc. Ruth WHITE, of the Bahai Movement. Beverly Hills : Ruth White, 1946.
- 1949. The Glad Tidings of Baha'u'llah, being extracts from the Sacred Writings of the Baha'is, with introduction and notes by George Townshend,... Editorial note by Cranmer-Byng.. London : J. Murray, 1949. Rep. 1956.
- 1975. Rev.ed. The Glad Tidings of Baha'u'llah ... Oxford: Georg Ronald,1975.
- 1971. 'Abdu'l-Bahá. The centre of the Covenant of Bahá'u'lláh. H. M. Balyuzi London : George Ronald, 1971.
- 1987.ʿAbduʾl-Bahá, the master : a compilation from the writings of George Townshend / with a foreword and annotations by David Hofman. George Townshend, 1876-1957. Oxford : Ronald, c.1987.
Baha'i Scriptures and Baha'i World Faith
Baha'i Scriptures, ed. Horace Holley, 1923+1928.
Horace Holley was an American Baha'i from 1909 (b. Torrington, Connecticut, 1887– d. Haifa July 12, 1960).
- 1923. Baha'i Scriptures. ed. Horace Holley. New York Brentano's Inc., 1923.
- 1928. Baha'i Scriptures. 2nd ed. Horace Holley. Rep. Baha'i Publishing Committee, 1928
Baha'i World Faith (1st ed., NSA of the Baha'is of the US., 1943).
This volume of varoiusly dated English translations of Baha'i primary sources by many followers of Baha`u'llah succeeds the Horace Holley ed. volume `Baha'i Scriptures' (1923+1928; see above). It contains many writings or Tablets of `Abd al-Baha, some not found elsewhere. The opening section,`Writings of Baháʼuʼlláh. The great announcement ; The Promised One ; The life of the soul ; Laws of the new age ; The mystery of God', is followed by `Writings of ʻAbduʼl-Bahá. The faith of Baháʼuʼlláh ; Soul, mind and spirit ; The loom of reality ; The Divine Plan...' (pp. xxx-xxx).
- 194X, Baha'i World Faith, Wilmette, Ill., Baháʼí Pub. Trust,
- 1956. Baha'i World Faith, Wilmette, Ill., Baháʼí Pub. Trust, 2nd ed. 1956 Rep. 1971. 465 pp.
- Baha'i World Faith,
- A Collection of six pamphlets containing sayings and writings of Abdul Baha, and three letters concerning the progress of Bahaism. c. 1906-7. Copy in Brit. Lib.
- An early pilgrimage, etc. (Revised edition.-Reprinted.).May Bolles Maxwell. London : George Ronald, 1969.
- A Wise Man from the East ... Abdul Baha. (Reprinted from the "International Psychic Gazette."). Felicia Rudolphina Scratcherd. London : J. Lewis & Co., 
- From Abdul Baha to a lady who visited Acre in February, 1906. Translated by his daughter Monever Khanum from the original Persian. Edinburgh : T. & A. Constable, c.1907. Copy in Brit.Lib.
The Bahá'í peace program 1930.
- 1930. The Bahá'í peace program : from the writings of 'Abdu'l-Bahá. New York : Bahá'í Publishing Committee, 1930. 47 pp.
The Divine Art of Living, selections from writings of Baháu̕l̕láh and `Abdu-l̕Bahá. Compiled by Mary M. Rabb then Mabel Hyde Paine
Early comp. of Babi-Baha'i primary sources in English translation by Mary M. Rabb and later with the same title by Mabel Hyde Paine.
- The divine art of living selections from writings of Baháu̕l̕láh and A̕bdul̕-Bahá. 1st ed.
- The divine art of living selections from writings of Baháu̕l̕láh and A̕bdul̕-Bahá. early printing in successive issues of World Order Magazine, April 1940-Sep. 1941.
- 1944. The Divine Art of Living. Compiled by Mabel Hyde Paine. Baha'i Publihing Committee, 1944. 132 pp.
- 1960. The Divine Art of Living, Bahai Pub. Trust, 1960. HBk.
- 1973. The divine art of living selections from writings of Baháu̕l̕láh and A̕bdul̕-Bahá. Willmette, Ill. Bahái̕í Publ. Trust 1973. 130 pp.
- 2006. The Divine Art of Living: Selections from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, The bab, and Abdu'l-Baha. Paine, Mabel Hyde (Comp.)/ Scheffer, Anne Marie (Ed.). Baha'I Pub. Trust, 2006.
The Drama of the Kingdom. 1933.
- 1933. The Drama of the Kingdom. A pageant play, the plan for which was given by Abdul Baha Abbas, etc. Basil Hall, Mrs., Bahai. London : Weardale Press, 1933. viii. 85 pp.
- The Drama of the Kingdom. A pageant play, the plan for which was given by Abdul Baha Abbas, etc.
- From Abdul Baha to a lady who visited Acre in February, 1906. Translated by his daughter Monever Khanum from the original Persian.]. London: Unity Press, 1906 + Edinburgh: T. & A. Constable:c. 1907. 7pp. From Abbas Effendi, Abd al-Baha to a lady who visited Acre in Feb., 1906, etc. Very rare leaflet.
Mirza Ahmad Sohrab (b. Khomeyni Shahr, 1893-d. New York, 1959).
A one-time secretary of `Abd al-Baha', Persian-American author. He was excommunicated from the Bahá'í religion by Shoghi Effendi in 1939.
- 1933. Living pictures in the great drama of the 19th century, by Mirza Ahmad Sohrab and Julie Chanler. New York : New History Foundation, 1933.
- 1937. I heard him say. New York : New History Found, 1937. Words attributed to Abdul Baha as recorded by his one-time Secretary, Mirza Ahmad Sohrab. 126pp.
Writings and Recorded Talks of 'Abdu'l-Bahá, 1941.
- Writings and Recorded Talks of 'Abdu'l-Bahá. 1941.
Portals to Freedom - 1943,
- Portals to Freedom. [On 'Abd al-Bahā's visit to America in 1912. With plates, including portraits.] Howard Colby Ives. Northampton : George Ronald, 1943.
The Covenant of Baha'u'llah (A Compilaton) - 1950.
- The Covenant of Baha'u'llah (A Compilaton). Manchester [UK]: Baha'i Publishing Trust, 1950. 155pp. + Index. A Compilatinof Biblical and Babi-Baha;i primary scriptural sources.
See also Select Eastern and Western Pilgrimage Visitations to `Abd al-Baha' and biographical and doctrial notes associated therewith.
On this website see http://hurqalya.ucmerced.edu/node/1731/