Towards a reprint of the Jawāmi` al-kalim
Jawāmi` al-kalim ("The Comprehensive Discourse"), A compilation of the writings of Shaykh Aḥmad b. Zayn al-Dīn al-Aḥsā'ī (d. 1241/1826).
Stephen N. Lambden,
In progress Dec. 2014.
I am fully conscious that the Jawāmi` al-kalim has recently been republished but will gradually post Pdff of the whole of the original Tabriz lithograph edition, Vol.1 / i, ii and iii (dating to 1273/1856) and vol. 2 /I and ii (dating to 1276/1859). This 19th century lithograph printing of writings of al-Aḥsā'ī entitled Jawāmi` al-kalim is a huge compilation of writings in several volumes with multple parts. Volume 1 is in 3 parts and is dated 1273/ 1856-7. It contains 40 often composite works and was written by a certain `Abd al-Ḥamīd Rawḍa-khān. Below are URLs to my scans to Pdf of this 19th century lithograph edition (Tabriz : Muhammad Tāqī Nakhjavānī). A few important Risalas (Rasa'il) will be posted in separate Pdfs.
JK = Jawāmi` al-kalim. 2 composite vols. Tabrīz: Muhammad Tāqī Nakhjavānī, 1273-76/ Vol.1 / i, ii and iii. 1273/1856 & vol. 2 /I and ii, 1276/1859.
- Jawāmi` al-kalim (Pt.1) PDf. Index fihrist-index.pdf
- Jawāmi` al-kalim Vol. 1 Pt.1
- Jawāmi` al-Kalim. Vol.1 Pt. ii. Lithograph Tabriz 1273/
- PDf. Risala al-Qaṭīfīyya, JK 1 Pt.ii 114-147. JK-qatifiyya.pdf. A very important and lengthy (over 30 page) Arabic risala in reply to 71 questions posed by Shaykh Aḥmad ibn Sāliḥ ibn Tūq al-Qaṭīfī. Of uncertain though probably early date the Risāla Qaṭīfiyya is published in Jawāmi' al-kalim  vol I/2 pp.114-147. See further Ibrahimi, Fihrist, 272-277. Al-Aḥsā’ī responded six or seven times to complex questions of al-Qaṭīfī.
- Jawāmi` al-Kalim. Vol.1 Pt. iii. Lithograph Tabriz 1273/
- Jawāmi` al-Kalim Vol. 2 Pt.1 Lithograph Tabriz
- Jawāmi` al-Kalim Vol.. 2 Pt. ii